Happy Tuesday everyone!
Yes, I realize that it’s already February 7th. And with February being a shorter month, that means we’re about 1/4 into the month already. And I’m just NOW posting my goals. This is a leap year though, so we have an extra day. Cut me a little slack. ;)
This month is going to be absolutely crazy. WPPI is coming up, and this will be our first year attending. I have a TON of Valentines stuff going on with sessions, and will be delivering lots of gifts to lots of lucky guys! I wanted to get SOME goals posted though. I realize that setting goals and being held accountable is a weakness of mine. I’m afraid that if I don’t meet the goals that I put out there that I’m failing. I realize that most people would say “okay, just do it next month!” but I’m not like that. It REALLY bothers me if I don’t meet a goal that I set, and I can’t just let it go. So I’m working on that. Part of my one little word for 2012 – ACTION. I’m writing down goals, even if they’re little ones, because goals are dreams with ACTION.
So here it is, my list of goals for the month of February 2012.
- Get all 2011 expenses sorted and FIND AN ACCOUNTANT. (Realistically, this one will probably be targeted by the middle of March because of travel this month, but here’s hoping.)
- Blog three times a week. This will be interesting because I now have two blogs. And another for a group that I’m a part of. But between my two blogs, I really want to be blogging regularly, at least three times a week.
- Get a much needed lens at WPPI. I’ve received some awesome information on the best way to do this while I’m there, and the best ways to save – but if you have any tips that you’ve used that worked well for you, I’m all ears!
- Get post-event surveys done for weddings and boudoir. This is another thing that has been sitting on my to-do list FOREVER and I just need to do it. DO it Brooke! Whew.
- Complete all marketing materials.
- Successfully complete my first bridal show without falling on my face, or walking around with an article of clothing caught in my panties. I’m one of those girls that will tell you if you have food in your teeth. So help a chick out, k?
- Get second website and blog COMPLETELY up and running. They’ve been in half done status for awhile because of indecision – so just GO for it!
It’s a small list, I know. But the things on the list are not small tasks. Plus, I figure it’s okay to start small. And I have to tell myself this over and over again – if I don’t complete a goal on the list, IT’S OKAY! Just put it at the top of the list for March. Whew. I don’t know that I can force myself to really believe that, but I’m working on it.
Because every post is better with a picture, here’s one of my favorites from January. My dad turned 60 years old! And my stepmom turned 50! They had a joint birthday party that was a TON of fun, and I’m almost done with the photos! But I wanted to share one for now. This is my dad dancing with my grandmother, his mom. I’m SO glad my grandparents were able to come, it seemed like they had a good time!
What are YOUR goals for February? Write them out, take a deep breath, then go dance with someone you love. :)