Who remembers these yummies from the Studio Soiree post? Or, if you were there, who remembers eating them!?
Oh.My.GOSH they were good. I promised the recipe to all of the attendees, and I figured that some of you might want the recipe as well. I realize that fall isn’t quite here yet, would it be so wrong to make them in the summertime? I heard SO many comments about them at the party, and people continue to ask me about them! They’re not difficult to make, and because it’s made in a pan (like brownies) you cut them apart into bars, any size you’d like.
So, here are a few links first, so that you understand how I came across the recipe.
First, I LOVE PINTEREST. Just in case y’all didn’t know. ;) If you’d like to follow me on Pinterest, click here. And since I brought up Pinterest, excuse me for another hour or so while I look at these Nutella cookies and putting a paper towel rack into my counter so it’s not sitting ON the counter…
Second, I categorize my Pinterest boards so that things are easy to find. When I do my menu planning for the week, I go to my Food – Dinner board and see what I’ve pinned. They’re not perfect, things are somewhat mixed up – especially since Pinterest was not exactly iPad friendly until just recently. They’re pretty well organized though! This particular recipe I found while looking for yummies to serve at the party, on my Food – Dessert board. Warning – do not click on that link unless you’re really, REALLY not hungry. And have no symptoms of PMS or pregnancy. Because you will WANT EVERYTHING THERE. There is some SERIOUSLY good stuff there!
In writing this post, I realized I actually pinned the Pecan Pie Bars FOUR times. I guess I REALLY wanted to try them. And they’re completely NO calorie or fat! Hmmpf… I wish. Unfortunately, they’re not exactly healthy. But the pecans give you lots of healthy fats and protein, right?
Ladies and gentleman, the pecan pie bar recipe, originally found here from the beautiful Kelly:
Pecan Pie Bars
Yield: 12 – 16 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×13-inch pan with foil, leaving enough for a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- First make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
- Use the foil overhang to lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting board. Peel off the foil, slice into bars and serve.
Make them for mom’s nights, for parties, for your hubby, or for the kiddos’ first day back to school. Or make them because it’s Tuesday. And almost fall. You don’t really NEED a reason to make them, am I RIGHT?!
Happy Tuesday, love to all!
So do I have to keep them in bar form? I mean, really, it is only me in this house. LOL. Also, can I use Golden Syrup or does it have to be honey? Can’t wait to try them. :)