Happy New Year Internet!
Welcome to 2012. And the first Manic Monday post of the year. Man, do I have something yummy for you in this post. But first things first!
I wanted to share with you what is coming up, since this is a post of randomness:
- An update on my 110 goals in 1001 days – I’m doing a lot better than I thought I was!
- NEW Awesomeness, I can’t say too much yet.
- My one little word from 2012. You might remember my 2011 post with one little word, inspired by Ali Edwards. I have FINALLY chosen my 2012 word and will share it soon!
- A whole post on Pinterest, since I will go into a LITTLE bit today. Because of the yumminess that I just have to share.
And that’s coming very soon, VERY soon!
iTunes just RickRolled me with a shuffle playlist. Hmm… Ha!
As promised, I will do a Pinterest post a little later that has more detail about Pinterest. However, I wanted to share how flippin’ addicted I am to this thing, it’s ridiculous. Last week, I made dinner twice, and lunch twice, from things that I found on Pinterest. I even pin photos of my favorite recipes, because then I can just go into my dinner board and find what I want to make for dinner when I’m doing my menu planning for the week! I have SO many boards, I’m a little OCD about them too. I don’t just have a RECIPES board, I have several food boards – dinner, lunch, breakfast/brunch, snacks, desserts… and many, many more.
SO check this out, my first picture at home of the new year:
Are you salivating yet? This was SO good, and directly from my Pinterest dinner board. Seriously, flippin’ awesome. Basically it’s stuffing, chicken, broccoli, cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing. All baked in foil. The recipe called for four individual foil packets but I was too lazy for that, so I did one big foil packet, in a 9×13 pan. I would cook it longer next time because it’s a bigger package, but oh MAN was it yummy! As a family, we decided we didn’t like “Chicken Foil Bake” as the name. Kaden has officially dubbed this “Chicken Yumminess” and oh YES it was! He GOBBLED it down!
Here’s the recipe, originally found on BigOven.com
1 package Stove Top Stuffing, chicken flavored
1 1/4 cup water
24oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used breast tenderloins)
32oz frozen broccoli florets, thawed and rinsed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices cooked bacon (I used bacon bits)
4 tablespoons ranch dressing (I didn’t measure and just sprinkled it on)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put LARGE piece of foil in 9×13 pan – enough to really wrap up the food and have no air escaping. Spray the bottom of the foil with cooking spray, or rub olive oil onto it.
- Combine stuffing mix and water in bowl, spoon onto the foil.
- Top the stuffing with the chicken breasts.
- Top chicken with the broccoli florets.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the top, sprinkle the bacon over that.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Seal the foil around the food so that no air escapes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes (I would probably go for 40 minutes next time, you’ll have to judge this based on the thickness of your chicken.)
- Remove packets and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut a hole to allow steam to escape before opening.
- EAT – YUM!
And the best part is, dishes are SO easy! Actually this whole thing is super easy. I might add some roasted red peppers next time too, that would add some awesome flavor! Make it and let me know what you think. It was a HUGE hit with my family!
Happy Monday friends!