I keep telling myself that I won’t think about Halloween until AFTER the wedding. But I can’t help it! Autumn is my favorite time of year, and I get excited for it every year. Not just Halloween, although believe me, dressing up is BIG plus. The changing of the colors, the cooler temperatures, and the smell in the air. Cliche? Yes. But I still love it.
I love the browns, the golds, the reds and oranges. I’m not a huge orange fan, but there’s something that just seems so RIGHT about mixing those colors when it’s fall! And it’s the one time of year that I wear yellow gold, which is kind of rare for me. Usually I prefer the white gold instead! I take advantage of the opportunity to wear my gypsy type earrings that dangle and jingle when I walk!
When you think of autumn what do you think of? Fall, autumn, whatever you want to call it, I go back and forth. Apple cider. Pumpkins. Hayrides. Back to School (which will be a whole different post!). Corn Mazes. Halloween! I’m getting more and more excited just thinking about it! Yes, I’m a dork. I accept that though. Join me in my dorky ride today into the autumn season. And then when you walk outside, summer will smack you like a ton of bricks with 100 degree weather! ;)
It’s only August and still early, but autumn is coming FAST. I was talking with a fall bride about ideas and I realized how crazy fast it’s coming. Before we all know it, it will be here and we’ll be trading our shorts for sweatshirt. Or as the cool people call them, hoodies. Because I’m cool ya know! (To me it’s still a sweatshirt, does that make me old?)
I wanted to share a few things that I found when looking at fall wedding ideas. I’m still not very good at inspiration boards, but I’m improving, what do you think? Check out this awesomeness!
- Chocolate browns are beautiful, especially when paired with the right colors! The oranges and reds really pop with the brown behind them!
- I love love LOVE this idea! Carmel apples = win in my book! And the favors were apples with their favorite apple pie recipe, how cute is that!
- I promise I’m not biased because one of my favorite colors is red. Rather than a cherry red, a deeper burgundy looks gorgeous with fall colors! I’m not crazy about the huge bow on the side (not really my style) but I love the burgundy satin!
- The deep rust color is just beautiful for bridesmaids or other accents!
- There are so many things you can do with centerpieces that have fall accents, like leaves and pumpkins!
- More of the chocolate brown… and I really like the feather on this cake. Kind of a weird accent that I don’t see often on cakes, but really unique and different!
- What a beautiful bouquet! I usually stay away from calla lilies because they’re so delicate and delicate flowers + Brooke = dead flowers. But I love the orange color in these!
- The monochromatic feel of these dresses is so classy! More of the deeper burgundy instead of the brighter red.
- For the guys, orange flowers to go with those fall colored ties!
- This is just too adorable. It has me looking for argyle socks for Tom for our wedding! Although finding some for him that match my shoes might prove to be difficult!
- Ahhh sparkles. I love anything sparkly and blingy, and the glowy feel of this reception decor is just gorgeous! It feels so warm and inviting, with the warm golds!
If you’re planning a fall wedding, I hope this gave you a few ideas! Or maybe you don’t even have a date yet – and you’re considering fall. Either way, happy Wedding Wednesday! I’m currently accepting weddings after September for the rest of the year, and have already had some 2012 inquiries. My new website, complete with wedding information will be up soon! In the meantime, contact me so we can talk about your big day!